
Brent and I have just been waiting for a nice weekend so we could get out of the house and go on a nice out-and-back hike. We were hoping for two weekends ago, but that was a bust; so when we found out this last Saturday was supposed to be nice, we started planning our hike. It took most of Saturday morning getting our bag packed. Brent acted like we were going to be stranded out there for days. He packed everything from waterproof matches to thermal blankets. (like I said we have been very anxious to get outside) After taking quite a bit of stuff out of the bag we loaded dog, child, bag and were on our way to the A.F. Canyon.
It was such a nice day, we had our windows down, shades on, and Brent even had shorts on. When we first arrived it seemed nice enough, but as we drove deeper into the canyon, we were surprised to see so much snow on the ground... still, we kept driving to our destination. When we got to Tibble Fork Reservoir the road leading to where we needed to go was closed, and there was quite a bit more snow. In fact other families that were there were getting out their sleds, and walking towards some hills. We even saw a trailer full of snow mobiles! I don't know what we were thinking--we thought it would be a little chilly but snowmobiles! It's Spring! This is precisely why I hate Spring!
We ended up driving back down the canyon where there wasn't as much snow and found this dinky little trail--we didn't even need to carry our back pack full of "important supplies". We were determined to do something though and still had fun; however I think Sam had the most fun! The scenery was really pretty so we took some shots. I am hoping come May we will be able to go on the hike we have been planning forever!

Easter 2021
3 years ago




8 comments:
love it...i totally agree and am so freaking sick of the schizophrenic mother nature...bipolar beotch! anyway..the pictures of the blessing day are so freaking cute..congrats what a big day..I can only imagine that must really be special!!! Bring Sam over anytime to play with Frank...he is such a friendly big beast but scares the crap out of little dogs:) But our beagle would be a comprable size??? anyway, good to keep in touch I am so glad you found me and made me blogger buddy...:)
How fun, good for you guys! I agree spring shming. It is always suck a tease, you never know what it is going to do.
So fun! And is your hair shorter? Or is that just bangs in the front... Anyway, that picture of you and Brent (and Jack's hood) is adorable, by the way. I LOVE nice, even semi-nice weather.
So cute Markelle! I'm glad you made it to nature. I call my postage-stamp-size-backyard nature, is that wrong? You are hott.
You and brent are so cute! I love what a good daddy Brent is, making sure he can take care of his little family. Glad you got out there no matter what! I miss you guys and my fav dog nephew Sam!
Good for you guys that looks like lots of fun my kids can't wait to go to the mountian
We know exactly what you mean. Bryce went camping last weekend with Hunter even though it was freezing at night because he is so determined to get out into the mountains. We're going out this weekend too. You guys should come with us. We can do some shooting.
Markelle-
Hello friend! I'm so glad I found your blog. I actually found it through Mel's, whose I found through Vern's, who left a comment on mine! Small world. Anyway, your baby is very handsome, you look great, and I am glad I found you and that life is treating you well. I think of you often and smile about some of the fun times we had. Keep in touch.
Meg
Post a Comment