4.18.2008

Flashback Friday


So looking at this picture you think--lame! But there is so much more behind it. Brent took this picture of me on our first date with his phone. I know, weird!

Brent and I met on a blind date set up by my wonderful aunt Vicki. I had just moved home from college and Vicki ran into the Carters, so she gave Brent my phone number and told him, or should I say made him call me. I think my aunt was nervous I would be mad so she decided to test the waters by getting my mom to tell me that my aunt wanted to give this boy my number. Well when my mom told me this, I was like "No! I don't want to go on a date." You see I had a missionary and was simply not interested. So later that day my mom kinda changed her tune a little and said "well Markelle I think your aunt Vicki already gave him your number." I just thought, whatever! Seriously like an hour later the phone rang and it was Brent. We actually hit it off well and talked for an hour. We had made plans to go to dinner and a movie--that way if Brent didn't like me we wouldn't have to talk because we would be watching a movie. Yeah he really said that, it was funny though.

It was sooo weird going on a blind date, and of course guess who shows up at my house about the same time Brent is supposed to pick me up? yup my aunt Vic! Anyway we ate at Chili's and this is where the infamous picture was taken. Brent goes "lets just get a pic to send to my brothers" as he holds up his phone. I was seriously weirded out and about to protest but he already had the camera up so I smiled. This was my first experience witnessing the closeness of the Carter boys! Brent couldn't even go on a date without sharing it with his bros. Little did I know I was going to have to win over the hearts of the whole fam not just Brent.(To be honest though that wasn't what I was trying to to. Remember? I had a missionary-- I was focused.)

Well you all know the rest and trust me my aunt Vicki relishes in the fact that she set us up...she is our little matchmaker:)

15 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh I love that you met on a blind date! That's how my parents met. I did the whole missionary thing too. Oh and uh, Daren WAS the missionary - long story...

Stephanie said...

Cute story. I love that he had to take a picture of you with his phone to show to his brothers.

Alicia said...

I love this story and I love that I have finally seen the picture. Cute stuff. Yeah-- Blaine didn't really let on that I had to win over the entire family either. I'm glad I didn't know Sean was the kicker when we all went camping. I woud have been even more worried about road-trip + camping + family + having my period. HA!

Rebecca said...

I'm glad you gave poor Aunt Vic the satisfaction! I didn't take it as well when she would try to set me up. But then again I had a boyfriend, and he wasn't on a mission!

carrie said...

I loved reading about your first date!! You haven't changed a bit.... You're still as cute as ever. I nudged Jason in Sunday School today when you walked in the second time.... and said, "There's Markelle....Isn't she cute??" :o) You are adorable, and I can't believe how cute your little boy is. I just loved his cute face. Bring him over ANYTIME you want a break. :o) We would just love him.

Scott and Megan said...

ok markelle that is fetchin' hysterical! A photo on the first date....that is awesome! love it!

Bryce and Amy said...

Awesome story. Were you engaged before your missionary came home? How did he take it?

Mary said...

Looking back, aren't you so glad that you have a picture from this day? I love it!!

Heidi J. said...

how cute!! that is so cool that you have that picture you guys will get to share that with your kids!!

Laurel said...

I love it! You two are so perfect together I couldn't imagine one without the other. Happy flashback Friday!

Andrea said...

That is so cool that you met on a blind date and you actually liked each other! He must have really liked you to take a picture of you on his phone!

Annie said...

What a fun story! I would've been a little weired out by his request too. like what does he have a wall of pics for all of his dates or what :-0
It is a cute picture though! They guys make a darling couple!

Ally said...

What a great story...You really haven't changed a bit. Big high five for Aunt Vic! :o)

katie mcphee said...

oh these were the days my friend! cheers to bloggin ;) <3 ya!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny. I think it is cool that you still have that picture after how long??? Looks like your Aunt did a good job huh? How is the life of being a mom? You sure are a beautiful one!!!! Rebecca says your a wonderful mom and I bet you are amazing. Congrats on your cute little Jack. He is adorable!