One of my most favorite posts was when Stephanie shared with us all some of her favorite items/beauty secrets. Because of her I went out and bought Blofoam by Rusk--and love it! Being on such a hair high, I decided to do as she asked and share some of my own fav items. So here ya go...and thanks again Steph!
Essential Oils: lavender
ahhh, lavender. Even the thought of it soothes me. There are many ways to diffuse the scent of an essential oil--you can add some drops to water in a bottle and spray it around your house, you can can add it to your bath, you can directly apply it to your temples, neck, feet, or below your nose, or use it with a base oil for a massage. Seriously there are a ton more ways of using essential oils.
My absolute favorite oil is lavender. For many reasons; it smells wonderful, it was my first essential oil, and it is one of the staples when referring to essential oils. (Kind of like the wheat of your food storage) It relaxes, it's a natural antibiotic, antiseptic, and antidepressant. I mainly use it for my headaches. oh, and it's not one of the ridiculously expensive oils:) Primavera is the brand that I use.
Perfume: Chance Chanel
Before I was not a huge perfume connoisseur, but since last Christmas I don't think a day has gone by that I wasn't wearing Chance. I have other perfumes, but I just can't bring myself not to spray old faithful...I think it's wonderful.
Lippey: C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine
I am sure a lot of you have heard about this lip gloss, and probably already have it; but for the few who don't--go get some! You can buy it at Bath and Body Works. It's a minty lip gloss that comes in shear and several subtle colors. There are different "mint" flavors--my favorite is the cinnamint. The best part is that it also serves as a breath freshner!
Candles: Mia Bella
My mother-in-law gave me one of these candles and it was amazing. The scent was lime and ginger and smelled awesome. Chris(mom-in-law) has several scents and I really like them all. The candles are soy based (not exactly sure what that means) and are lead and toxin free. They burn evenly too, all the way down until there is nothing left. That's not really what sells me though, its the strong and nummy scents.
Unfortunately I don't know where you can purchase them. I get mine from Chris down in New Mexico, but I am sure you could order them online somewhere. I really want the "holiday memories" and "orange and clove"
Easter 2021
3 years ago




4 comments:
Yeah!! I love it. I am glad you and I are on the same page with the BloFoam.
I LOVE that lip gloss it definitley one of my fav's too. I can't wait to try the essential oil it sounds wonderful.
I am so glad you played along. Thanks for the tips.
BloFoam is awesome! My limp locks love it. I wish I dug smelly things, but I don't! I would like to smell that perfume though, next time you see me at church walk really close to me or hold out your wrists!
I loved reading your post!! I love reading about people's favorite things.... I agree with you on the BloFoam!! ....AND the lip gloss!! Those candles sound great!! I would love to try some...'cause I am addicted to candles and smelly stuff like that. :o) I can't wait to smell your perfume, too!! I love Chanel stuff...and I haven't smelled the Chance stuff. Loved this...THANK YOU!!
Dang it! I was actually going to smell you yesterday at church because I'm curious about the Chanel perfume. I used to be such a perfume girl (I had like ten different kinds in high school), but for some reason, I don't buy it anymore. I guess that, along with some other girly things (like getting my hair highlighted and buying fun clothes) have gone by the wayside since I became a mom. I really should be better about doing and buying things for myself (instead of just heading to Gymboree)!
You've inspired me - I'm going to go buy me some lip gloss! And I've been wanting to use essential oils around the house for a while - I'm going to have to bug you for some tips!
Post a Comment