This Halloween was back in 2004 when Brent and I were engaged. We were down in New Mexico and got to go to a party with some family and friends. We loved our costumes, Brent especially. Every year he wants to be Popeye again. I don't know if it was the pipe he was allowed to have for the night or the fake muscles, but something about it was magical for him. No, he really did look good. I loved our costumes too--I am just not as nostalgic as he and I like to tease him about it.
We had a sweet little trio. Brent as Popeye, Sean as Bluto, and myself as Olive Oyl.


I crack up seeing these pictures of Sean (Brent's bro) because he seriously had this look plastered on his face all night. They were totally in the zone.
I have to mention my sister--Rosie the Riveter. She looked perfect!
And the candy man himself--Willy Wonka er, Doug
I hope more of you post Halloween pics...they are just so fun to look at.
Easter 2021
3 years ago




7 comments:
These are all so awesome! You guys looked so cute as Popeye and Olive Oyl. And your brother-in-law is a fantastic Bluto (he totally fit the part!). All of these pictures are great - what a blast. I've never understood people who don't like to dress up - it's just too much fun!
I love your costumes!! It's so fun to see what people dress up as.... I used to dress up, but I'm a party pooper now. ;o) I have a hard enough time figuring out what my kids are going to be!! I hope I see you around tonight!! I'm sure you'll have your darling little boy dressed up as something adorable!! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!
I love Halloween and dressing up. Usually I punk out because thats the only time I can get away with it. This year I was Brenda Begay. I'll post it on my blog.
Oh these made my weekend!!! (next to your fab par-tay.)
i love your pics markelle, i remember watching popeye when i was little, maybe we should add that to our movie list we want to see. you made a perfect olive oyl. call me and well have to watch some movies.
I love this post!! I love your guys costumes they are so cute!!
You guys looked good. Actually you guys were perfect for the part. I forgot about those costumes. Did you guys dress up this year? Did you dress up Jack?
Post a Comment