11.05.2008

With Delilaaaah!

Yes it is November 5th, and yes KOSY 106.5 is already playing Christmas music!!! I think they started November 1st. Not sure though. Okay, let's just get this straight; I LOVE Christmas music, Brent too. We are big fans....but for crying out loud, what about Thanksgiving! Starting Christmas too early ruins it in my opinion. I remember being stunned last year at how early KOSY (and maybe others) were playing the warm and fuzzy music. So Monday night when Brent and I were driving around, we decided to check 106.5, and sure enough "Jingle Bell Rock" was playing. After finishing the song, (of course) we began to bash the radio station, and call others letting them know of the aberration! I have to admit that a part of me wants to get sucked in, but I just tell myself--hold out until the day after Thanksgiving and then you can cave. It's kind of like Soap Operas--you know they are ridiculous and you shouldn't watch them, but if you let yourself watch one you're hooked. So every day Brent asks me "did you listen to any Christmas music today?" I tell him "no" and he keeps drilling me " are you sure?" Don't worry though I have to check on him every now again too. He is just as susceptible to the lure of Christmas music as me... On another note, I can only stomach Delilah during the holidays. In fact I kind of enjoy her cheesy, cheerful, peppy, optimistic banter; but only during the end of November and and the month of December.

12 comments:

Heather said...

AMEN! I get so angry when I see Christmas commercials already on tv. I absolutely love Christmas music too, but I have to wait or I'll get totally burned out.

And I think it's funny that you listen to Delilah - not that I blame you, the one time I listened to it, I thought it was hilarious in a super-cheesy way. The worst thing is that my neice's name is Delila and I occasionally can't help myself from singing the "Delilaaaah" song when I see her. I'll bet her parents hate it. Hmmmm....maybe I should stop.

Anonymous said...

Seriously, i always think "poor thanksgiving" can we just enjoy the celebration of the pilgrims and indians. so who is delilah-am i missing something, have i heard her before? you'll have to play her music for me.

Tara said...

How does Teresa not know who Delilah is? So Un-American to not know her. Teresa, I will let you listen to her. Listen to 106.5 after 10 and she is playing cheesy love connection songs and dedications to people across America. HILARIOUS! But, I digress.
Christmas music is great in moderation. Too much and you want to shoot people-especially after the Chipmunks sing "Me, I want a hula-hoop" for the 1000th time!

Alicia said...

I LOVE that you are blogging about Delilah. I love to listen to her, but I never do. (Does that make sense?)
I too, love Christmas music and am so sad that Blaine hates it. Boo. But it totally ruins Thanksgiving. I mean, Christmas threw up all over Costco WAY before Halloween. Thanksgiving is a great holiday. Too bad it gets the shaft.

Clint and Meg said...

My mom is a little crazy about the Christmas music as well. She can't wait. She usually waits until the day after Turkey Day but this year she caved but only partially. She limits herself to only instrumental. So you don't get any Christmas lyrics, just a little Manheim Steamroller in the background. I remember when we lived at Riverside we would play Jessica Simpson Christmas EVERY day. Oh and by the way, you can get Cheryl Crow Christmas CD at Hallmark for like $7 right now.

Laurel said...

I, too, have ALMOST caved. It's easy enough for me to simply steer clear of 2 certain radio stations, but I really, REALLY am wanting to bust out the CDs. I can refrain. Until November 28th, Markelle. We can do it!

Meshan Foutz said...

I want to see all of your costumes from this year! I keep checking everyday to see if you posted pictures of them. I saw Brent's awesome skeleton on your video, but I want to see the whole enchilada. Brent with his top hat, your costume and Jack's too.

Anonymous said...

You are better than me because I think I am just going to have to listen to Christmas music soon because it is my favorite part about this time of season. I LOVE it too.

Heidi J. said...

I would have to agree to soon for christmas music!! hey are you going to the dance tomarrow night with the young woman I hope you are I can't miss you!!

Melissa Sebourn said...

LOL. My rule is also no Christmas music until the day after Thanksgiving. But after Thanksgiving, it is all Christmas all the time. I love Christmas music!

Debbie said...

Delilah that is Hilarious I always wonder what kind of people call into that show. Maybe this year I'll call! :-)

Meshan said...

Hello? Are you there? I want to see Jack! Oh, and you and Brent too. But mostly pictures of Jack :)! He is just so dang cute!!