12.30.2011

Christmas 2011

This year we made new stockings, bough a fake flocked tree, and went to the festival of the trees where we purchased a gingerbread house.

Made a card holder wreath, attended the Allphin's annual gingerbread house making party, rode four wheelers with Poppy, and got a new bike from Santa!

Acted out the nativity story.  It was pretty awesome.  Miles-a cow, Van-a sheep, Sarah-as Mary, and Jack-a camel.

Here is the cast.  Jake-as Joseph,  and Alicia-a donkey.  Poor Jake, he did warm up to playing Joseph.

Some wise men and shepherds.  Jack later realized the wise men should have ridden on his back.

opening up Christmas Eve pajamas, and getting Santa treats all set up.  (Alicia wrote a cute note)

puff-eyed, and excited to see what Santa brought.


Jack woke up saying "I need to get Hiro and Spencer!"  sure enough, Santa pulled through.  and Van just couldn't get any cuter.

we went on a sleigh ride again and had a blast.  The kiddos loooooved it!


Miles didn't care that snow was creeping up his sleeve or soaking through his pants.  Jack however was very careful not to let the wet touch any skin.  They both loved playing in the snow.  come on Utah!

aaaaand Christmas mustaches.  need I say more?

7 comments:

Jen Carter said...

Very nice post. I love photo packed posts. It really was a great trip and Christmas. Kinda sad to see it go.

Laurel said...

Now THOSE are some good mustaches. :-) Glad you guys had a fun Christmas in New Mexico!!!

Alicia said...

You win.
These are awesome pics... we had a great Christmas, didn't we?

Jessie said...

Ahhh fun! I really want to do that sleigh ride thing. Is that in Durango?

Tara said...

The staches are hilarious! LMAO! And, I want to go on a sleigh ride-looks so awesome! We did the Nativity when we were little-every year! Even when my sisters were OLD. LOLOLOL! Costumes are amazing. Looks like a great time had by all.

Scott and Megan said...

I kinda think you kick ass, marky mark! I like you. Melinda and I were talkin the other day about how much we think you are awesome. Tara had been sayin something and we were just echoing your praises!!! Your two boys are just about the most adorable little guys on the planet! Seriously your family is Christmas card perfect!

Veronica and TJ said...

I love your Christmas stockings and your cute card holder. I need to do something like that next year so TJ doesn't threaten to throw everything away that is packed on our fridge. Looks like you guys had a blast. Love the nasty staches.