1.28.2011

3

Jack's official birthday isn't until the 31st, but Brent and I are going to be out of town, so we celebrated a little early this year. I'm sure Jack will be kind of confused come Monday. This birthday was so much fun though because Jack actually contributed. When asked what kind of birthday cake he wanted (I was looking for something more like chocolate or a particular color) Jack excitedly said "a monster cake! it will be so scary" I giddily began planning his perfect "happy birthday cake" That is what Jack calls them.
Jack has really been into pretending. I love hearing the dialogue that goes on between his toys. He is always showing me a "big real" shark, or baby chickens in his room:) He is very sweet and sensitive loves to sing and dance "all together, k?" loves to help cook enjoys anything crafty (coloring, gluing, cutting) knows the entire alphabet and their sounds getting pretty good at puzzles could watch t.v. or movies all day loves any Dr. Suess book insists on saying every prayer is a very good big brother has a good memory looooves his daddy loves orange juice Here are a few Jack-isms that I never want to forget: a "big real" _____ (insert word) "you like two of em?" hinting that he wants two books before bed "you like that?" said after everything "I glad to see you." "what you are doing, huh?" "bye bye poos poos, see you later" (waving to the toilet) "that's not too nice" "right mom?" "man of a B"

9 comments:

Jen Carter said...

Awesome post. I keep going back to Alicia's to look at the picture with his shoulders scrunched up in front of his cake. I laugh so hard! My favorite things Jack does right now are saying "huh" after every question, and also offering you things HE wants as a hint. "I got some cookies...you guys want some, huh?"

Also...I'm excited for you to make me some sweet stuff since I am not capable of doing it myself...like that sweet onesie Miles was wearing....Hint Hint...

The Mortons said...

Markelle.. I can't believe that he is 3! he is getting so big. I absolutely love his birthday cake you did a fabulous job :D Your boys are to cute. I want to plan a trip sometime in the spring and come out and we could do lunch or something. Let the boys play and maybe get to enjoy some outdoor play time and stuff.

Love ya girly!! Your such an amazing little mom :)

Jessie said...

What a awesome monster party! The cake is totally awesome!

Jack seems quite the mr personality! I love all his Jack-isms! Next time you come to f town, lets play. I'll shellac your nails too!

Laurel said...

Oh, my gosh... Isabel says "Bye, pee! See you later!" all the time, and we think it's hilarious!

Jack is adorable. I love assortment of monster decorations, mouths, and the cake is to die for. Happy Birthday to your sweet boy!

Tara said...

He is adorable and one of my fav kids-so it shows he has an awesome mom! Love the monster cake-my kids are totally deprived of ANYTHING crafty or cute. I may have to get on that. MAN OF A 'B' almost had me pee myself!!! HILARIOUS!

Lindsay said...

Cutest boy. Sounds like Lucy and I need to get to work on the alphabet! Poor 4th child...

Alicia said...

That guy of yours is pretty awesome.

Great party.

Great post.

Great kid.

Meshan said...

happy Birthday Jack!!! What a super cute party Markelle! Um, you never called me back with your preschool questions.

Unknown said...

Your craftiness annoys me