10.14.2010

the poop. the scoop. the 411.

Before: After:
sooo, I had an induction scheduled for the 13th but around 2:45 a.m., my water broke! Luckily the Carters got into town around 11 that night so Brent and I were able to rush to the hospital. We missed our exit due to the crappy construction. (thank you Utah for deciding to change, fix, widen, and add a road to every town, exit and street in Utah county. bleh!) When we got there, Brent insisted I ride in a wheel chair up to the third floor. It totally felt like the movies. Then when we got there the nurses asked "wait, aren't you scheduled for an induction today?" It was pretty funny. except that it wasn't, because I was busy getting my contractions on. Anyhoo, we got set up and about seven hours later I delivered a baby boy: Miles Kay Carter 7.4oz 19.5 in. I couldn't be happier about how things played out. Our VBAC was successful, our baby is healthy and my husband is fantastic. I am so grateful for all my blessings. Oh, and Miles you really are perfect.

17 comments:

Alicia said...

Oh hooray for babies, UDOT, and the movies that tell us how to make for a dramatic delivery. You rock. I'm so happy for you all and I love baby Miles already.

Scott and Megan said...

yahooo!!! Congratulations!!! I am sooo happy that the vbac was a success and that all is healthy and went apparently so smoothly! Oh, that is so great! I can't wait to see the handsome little man and can't wait to see pictures of your TWO little men together. Congratulations again! I am so happy for you and Brent! xo

Unknown said...

Hooray! Markelle you look like a tiny, skinny person that swallowed a basketball in that first pic. You disgust me how skinny you looked prego! And I really love Miles. I bet he is already asking about me, huh? He looks like Brent in that pic. Congrats! He is perfect!

Tara said...

Who couldn't love something made by two people I love???? He is adorable and I am glad he is here for me to snuggle! =) Congrats on the new little buddy!!

*Kelly* said...

Wow, you look awesome in your before picture! It's just like Amy mentioned in her comment, you look like this cute skinny girls who put a basketball under her shirt right before the picture! I HOPE I can look like you do when I eventually get pregnant!
I was SO excited for you and Brent that I blogged about it on our book club blog! www.bookklubbers.blogspot.com
Love you guys and congratulations!!!!
Kelly

Kristin said...

Congratulations!! Love your little synopsis and can't wait to see pictures of your new little man!

Laurel said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you guys, and love that everything worked out so smoothly (okay, minus the whole "missing your exit" detail...). Can't wait to see more of little Miles and meet him soon. Halloween extravaganza at your place? ;)

The Mortons said...

CONGRATS girly!! haha and your belly makes me laugh in the before picture.. I can't believe how far it sticks out, was your belly like that with jack or did he just sit totally different? You look so good! Also.. I love his name TOO cute =}

Jen Carter said...

He's adorable. We're excited to have him!

Veronica and TJ said...

Another cutie:) Congrats dude! I seriously love his name. Yeah my water broke but no contractions... so I just walzed in there like I owned the place. More like I had no freaking idea what I was doing or if they would keep me:) Josie googled vbac for me so I do know what that means now and congrats on that. Epidural? Dude you don't get my texts!!! I have sent tons and I realized that you don't get them when you commented when Asay was born. Sorry I am leaving a super long message. I will quit now.

Jessie said...

He is perfect Markell!

I am so happy for you guys and that all went according to plan! You rock!

Lindsay said...

Oh YEA!! So glad you got to have a VBAC. He is SO cute! And I love that he was born on the 13th of October.

Bryce and Amy said...

Congratulations!! It sounds like it was a great experience for you. I can't wait to see him.

Meshan said...

I can't wait to see him! I feel like forever since we last saw you guys. Miss you! Give all the boys kisses!

Heidi J. said...

Markelle Miles is aborable congrats!! I hope mom and baby are doing well.

Rebecca said...

Okay so I thought you were tiny until I saw your side shot! you didn't look all that pregnant from the front or back, but dang that's crazy to see that side shot! It kinda makes me nervous! My inny is flat already!

brenda said...

I'm glad everything went well and Miles is finally here. I haven't had internet so this is really late. He is really beatuiful.