8.16.2010

uncle billy

Every year around Christmas time, I giddily watch 'Its a wonderful Life' and every year I get so annoyed at Uncle Billy for losing all that money in the envelope....
Well today I sympathize with that forgetful, lovable old man--I lost an envelope of my own with the rest of my grocery money for the month inside. I won't go into the details of it all but there was panic, tears and frustration. As I swept the grocery store I couldn't help but stare at the people passing me, and mentally accuse them of stealing MY grocery money. I just hope whoever found the envelope needs it more than I. and hey, at least I didn't lose my kid! (there was a gal at customer service with me who couldn't find her child) This year I won't be so hard on poor Uncle Billy.

6 comments:

Alicia said...

Oh no.
I'm sorry. That totally blows.
Come here for dinner.

Unknown said...

You probably left it near your sunglasses:) But that does really suck! I gave a taxi driver a $100 tip in Philadelphia because it was dark and I thought it was a 1. That was a couple of years ago and it still bothers me!

Heather said...

I'm totally with you about Uncle Billy, but maybe I, too, will have a little more sympathy just because of your story. But that sucks! I'm so sorry - and I would have blamed everyone else mentally, too.

Scott and Megan said...

ya, that's a major pisser. I hate when I lose things, it's easier if someone else loses them--at least you have someone other than yourself to blame! sorry.:(

Dave and Alisha said...

Oh wow Im so sorry, that is the worst!! I also hope who ever finds it needs it of feels really bad. and just remeber what goes around comes around.

Tara said...

Punks! You can come eat here anytime you need to !!LOL! Hope you find it in a pocket somewhere or in your car!