6.24.2010

The letter H.

For a while Jack has known most of the alphabet and their sounds; but lately he has really become obsessed with singing the alphabet (the parts he knows), identifying letters from signs, and making his own letters out of, say sucker sticks... I'd say his favorite letter is "B" but he has learned how to draw the letter "H" so out with the old and in with the new! I see H's everywhere--The driveway, the backyard, on my rug, on our screen door, and of course on his drawing board. Luckily no walls, yet. I have no idea how/when he figured out how to draw a H. I don't really work on writing letters with him except for his name, and he can write a J. The funny thing is I heard him talking about the letter "H" and making the sound while pulling weeds yesterday but didn't think anything of it. He was happily drawing with chalk on our driveway. Then later that day Brent came home and said "when did Jack learn how to write a H?" I realized he had drawn H's in the frontyard the backyard and anywhere chalk would take. Hmmm. I wonder when the novelty of the letter H will wear off.

9 comments:

Heather said...

So cute! That boy is a smarty pants! I think H lends itself to being easy to grasp for kids. Those angular, straight-lined letters are so easy. Just ask Max -- his name all in capital letters is a piece of cake!

Scott and Megan said...

I love it and totally want you to teach him how to spell HELL. It will come in handy for many uses. I think he such a cute little guy! What names are on the list for this baby brother?? I'm excited! october is going to be very busy for Lee/Carter clan! yahoo! Hope you are feeling well and have fun at the beach house!

Jen Carter said...

He is a smart little guy. Does he get to stay up past his bedtime at the beach house? He was hilarious last night!

Kristin said...

I love his smile in that picture and how proud he is! What a smarty pants!!

Unknown said...

That kid must eat a lot of suckers in order to create letters out of the sticks!

Tara said...

Have him come teach Mekhi-he is having trouble writing! Smarty pants

Alicia said...

Love that smarty.

Shalisa said...

He is a genius, Markelle! Some of my kindergartners don't know how to write that coming into school. J/K. Really, that is great! You need to find the Leap Frog video Letter Factory. Then the next one is Word Factory. His kindergarten teacher will be so impressed with him. He will be reading in no time! :)

Veronica and TJ said...

Dude do not buy anything else for Asay! I feel bad that she has already outgrown what you already got for her. We are in V town for the summer but when we get back, Asay and I will have to come see you guys before the new baby gets here and then probably after too:) Longest freaking sentence. No big deal.