3.13.2010

Day out with the gals

Last weekend Brent and I went home to Nor New Mex to visit family and for me to get a little girl's weekend. It was short but perfect. Amy and I drove up to Durango and stayed with Becca, where the following day we went snowshoeing. It was fun fighting for the front, (because the last person might get snatched by a mountain lion, duh?!) wondering if we were at the end of the "ridge" yet, taking lots of pictures, drinking from a camkelbak, (love those things) falling kind of a lot, and seeing an elk. Which if any of you were wondering; an elk is not the male version of a deer. huh?! who would've known? someone raised around hunting, and residing in Utah? (hunter's paradise.) And I still did not know.

5 comments:

Veronica and TJ said...

I had to tell TJ what you said about the elk. Haha. I have learned so much from him (the hunting king of Utah:) so I had to let him know that I was not the only person in the dark when it came to gods fine creatures. You did see the picture of Asay's roommate right?(just so you are aware, it is the male mule DEER) Yeah that really is my life:)

Dave and Alisha said...

I have always wanted to go snow shoeing maybe you should come up and teach me (and no Im not going to give up till I get you up here to visit) maybe when vern has asay you can come see all of us:)hope thats ok with you veronica?? anyway you look so cute!

Unknown said...

I had sooo much fun! I guess I better start buying some weapons if I'm going to have to be last in line everytime. When baby #2 gets older, make sure you tell him/her of my couragous efforts to protect it from a potential mountain lion attack.

Tara said...

LOL! I would have no idea the difference between an elk, moose and a male deer (buck, maybe??) I would rather stay ignorant. Why know what it is if I won't kill or eat it? Sounds like fun-we need a girls road trip. You in??

Rebecca said...

I'm gonna have to have a talk with Amy. Where did you get that pic? It was fun! Love you! Hmm sounds like your friends need a little science lesson- a male deer (they have whitetail and mule deer) is a buck, a female is a doe. For an elk (and I think moose)a female is a cow and a male is a bull. They do loose their horns every year, so dad said the one we saw could have been a bull!