I am not a good keeper of keys. I tend to find them in odd places at home and when I'm out and about. Some will stick to a back pocket, or that special place in their purse. I however have no such consistency. I've even been known to carry them around in hand at stores setting them down wherever and losing them in piles of clothes. Seriously, that one time took some major backtracking to find em.
So believe me when I say I had troubles finding my bundle of keys which included a white sparkly diva key and a hot pink key before. (they really catch the eye) Well now I have been demoted to ONE key. yes one plain silver key that can literally be put in all sorts of places by the hands of mine.
This morning while running several errands, I had little "lost key" panic attacks at every stop. (don't worry I always found it, even though I just KNEW it was lost again) well, by now you are probably wondering (or really don't care) where my original set of keys are. As Dane would say "let's go back, let's go back"
It all started when we decided to take our truck (landcruiser) into a mechanic shop to get the brakes fixed. They called Brent to tell him they were done but that they lost our keys. (not my fault) ummm, how do you lose keys at the mechanic shop? I mean they were able to get the car in and out of the garage right?! Anyhoo, this was back in May and they have never found them. SO, set of keys #1--gone!
Luckily I have the other original car key along with door clicker, (remember diva?) WRONG! Its lost too, and this time I'm not sure its coming back. I still have hope they'll turn up though, like the case of Brent's missing wallet and the unworn pajama pants. Let's just hope it doesn't take 9 months like said incident above. Set of keys #2--gone!
Here's the dilemia...Big O is going to pay for the copying of keys lost in their possession, but since our other original (lost in my posession) is MIA, should we make a copy of a copy? (this is the rogue plain silver key previously mentioned) might I remind you all what happens when you make a copy of a copy:




8 comments:
Oh my gosh you are hilarious.
I love it.
And btw, where has Michael Keaton been all these years? Seriously, it's been way too long.
Awesome-I am going to get you a key finder like Jennifer Aniston had in Along Came Polly. I had totally forgot about that movie w/Michael Keaton-nuts!
All I can say is I am so happy I am not the only one. I swear Braden would take them away from me if that didn't mean that I wouldn't be able to go anywhere. I swear, it is my keys, my phone, and my wallet. I am horrible. Seriously! I keep finding my keys in the door of our house or the trunk of the car. In our defense, we are mothers. Keys are the very last things on our minds. To make my point, I lost my phone in the hospital when Wyatt was born. And I have just gone downhill since then.
nice dude... i used to lose all kinds of stuff, but now that i have nora & never leave my house i don't really have that problem anymore :)
call me! i still have crap to talk to you about!
p.s. when are you headed to sunny california?
Oh my gosh Markelle! I almost peed when I read that, then saw the picture! That movie reminds me of when we would watch it at Debbis house with Chris and Steve. Good times!
At least you haven't lost your son yet, right? Just start putting your keys in Jack's pockets. Think of him as one big keychain.
I love you!! You and your keys. I had totally forgotten how often you "lose" them:) Yeah I don't know about the copy of a copy, haha. But you are not paying for it so why not!
I LOVE that you referenced Multiplicity here because as soon as you wrote "copy of a copy" I started to laugh remembering it. And you followed through with a picture - AWESOME!
By the way, in high school, I made my own keychain out of an action figure. Spiderman with a key ring screwed into his head. And I only I owned two keys. It was a good conversation piece and I could always find the little man in my purse :)
Post a Comment