5.12.2009

NEVER again

One of our April projects besides painting my cabinets (I will post pics soon) was to clear yet again the back strip of ferocious, spider infested weeds in our backyard. Really, we (okay, mostly Brent) have weeded that strip three? perhaps four years in a row. Every time we vowed that would be the last time...well it finally was. We put sod in with the help of Brent's family--Thank you! It is so nice to not worry about the weeds coming back, whew! well I meant to take some before and after pics of our yard, but I got distracted and ended up only taking pictures of Jack and his worm...if he wasn't so cute I'd be more sad that I forgot. As you can imagine, Jack helped a lot; about as much as he did with our cabinets. He LOVES it outside.

7 comments:

brenda said...

Oh Jack is getting big! He's so cute.
Yea grass is better than weeds, especially if there are spiders involved. We're finally getting grass to cover our dirt yard. Yes!!

Heather said...

I wish I could figure out the whole lawn maintenance thing - I'm really trying, but the dandelions are winning. Anyway, Jack is so cute and I love his shirt. Made me laugh!

Anonymous said...

He really is so cute! It's Awesome that you have a yard too!! I grew up in weeds and I hate them. I guess that is what a farm did to me. Ha!It will be nice to have them gone for sure now. I love all that grass you have.

Alicia said...

So freaking cute. Man, I love that kid.

katie mcphee said...

he is too too cute! i cant wait till nora and jack can hang out together....a match in the making ;)

Dave and Alisha said...

Im so glad I got to see you this weekend! I hope you did well, I looked for you at the finish but Im sure you were long gone.. so about your trip to logan.. let me know when you know more about it I already cant wait it will be good to see each other for more than a min.

Rebecca said...

Dang what a tummy! His shirt barely fits over his belly- I love it! How come it isn't so cute on me? Poor worm- did it survive the Jack attack? Good job on the marathon, I didn't realize it was last weekend- I can totally picture your panicking- glad you made it!