7.09.2008

There is a first for everything

Jack has recently had a lot of new experiences...a few weeks ago, he received his first tooth/teeth? I don't know, there were two of them. Of course the bottom two. I am a little leery of future teeth and nursing occurrences. Yikes! He also had his first Fourth of July, and if I had been prepared I would've had a fully charged camera via pictures of Jack with his cousins at the Foutz partay. It truly was an extravaganza AND perhaps if Jack was a little older he would've appreciated the face painters, balloon shape makers, cotton candy, snow cones, blown up jumpin room, swimming pool, and massive amounts of fireworks a little more. (seriously, thousands of dollars worth of pretty noise makers) It was nuts! Here too are a couple of other firsts, but with pictures: First airplane ride...don't be fooled by the smiles First time at the beach...HATED the water. (maybe I'll get around to posting the live footage of his encounter with the water.) Most importantly his very first pair of ears...well Mickey's that is.

13 comments:

Melanie said...

Markelle! I am so glad everything is going well. I love the pics of Jack. My favorite is the one on the beach where he is smiling. He is such a doll. I can't believe he has his first tooth. Someone was telling me the other day that some kids don't get their teeth for like a year, so I have been praying for Wyatt to be one of those kids. Just kidding, but I am nervous about the whole nursing thing with teeth. Let me know how it goes.

Mary said...

Yea!! I'm glad you guys had so fun. I love the comment you made about the smiles on the airplane!! Too funny. I hope it wasn't too bad. I'm glad you guys got to have fun 'firsts' and I want to come over and see those little chompers!

Andrea said...

Oh, so cute!! I am glad your back safe, we have missed you in the mornings, ha ha :)

Lindsay said...

FUN! Where did you go? I didn't even know you were gone, but anywhere the ocean is is fun, right?

Melissa Sebourn said...

I can't believe Jack has teeth already, Eden doesn't have any yet but I'm a little worried about nursing w/teeth! You guys are cute as always. :)

Heather said...

I can't wait for Max to get his ears this fall! And I hope Jack doesn't bite you - owwwwww! I've heard that if they do, you just stop nursing right away and they get the picture that biting=no nursing. My little guy didn't get any teeth until he was eleven months old, but he never bit me once he had his chompers (granted, I only nursed for a couple months after that).

Anyway, Jack is just such a cutie in every picture you post - I'm glad you all had a good time (I hope the plane ride wasn't too bad!)

Heidi J. said...

He is so cute! and I can't belive how big he is getting. It looks like allot of fun! good for you guys!!

katie mcphee said...

YEAH A POST! love these pics and i was so happy that i got to come up there and see you and your fam :)

i get to see you again really soon! yeah!

the pic of you and jack is probably my favorite :)

carrie said...

What a fun post.... I'm glad you guys had such a fun 4th of July. I loved the pictures of the beach, too. I'm so jealous. I remember being so excited to take Matthew to the beach, when he was just little....and he hated it. I was so bummed. Lucky things change, huh?? ha ha Jack is such an adorable little guy....and you can tell how happy and loved he is. :o)

Alicia said...

I am still hopin', wishin' an prayin' for video footage of Sean AND Jack at the beach.
I love this post of firsts. Exciting times.

Rebecca said...

Jack looks more like you in the family pic cuz he looks more tan. But every time I see him I am amazed how white he is. I absolutely love the pic of him in his jacket with the pouty face! You can really see his little cleft chin. I love him! I miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Ryan and I think your little Jack is such a handsome little baby. I love his cheeks. I laughed when you wrote to not be fooled by the smiles on the plane. Ryan busted up too because we have so been there. That is cool that you got to travel though as a family. I look forward to being able to do that someday when we aren't so broke!!! Hopefully I can hold your little guy soon before he gets to big. He is a cutie!

Alicia said...

You're boring. Post something new. :)