Here is my favorite picture this week. I finally took him outside to play, and I realized the lighting was so good, I took a bajillion pictures. He HATED the sun in his eyes, so I had to strategically shade his face, take pictures, and hold him upright all with Samson laying in my lap.
We went camping this weekend in Moab; it was Jack's first camping trip, so we were a little nervous. He did really well though, with a couple of hang ups-- nothing big though. We took the Land Cruiser down and learned how badly our AC actually works. It was miserable coming back home. Poor Blaine and Alicia rode with us, but were extremely good sports about the heat. They only complained once! No, they were awesome, and helped a ton with Jack. It was a short trip, but was a lot of fun, especially because I was warm at night this time. The bad part about the trip was that I only had two smores, I had great plans for me and my smores.
Oh yeah, as we were headed up the mountain to Warner's Lake, a buddy following behind our car had us pull over only to find out that the rag that Brent had stuffed in the gas hole (I don't know what it's called.) was leaking like crazy. When Brent got out he said gas was just pouring out of the tank. You see about a week ago Brent was filling up at the gas station, and drove off without putting the cap back on, we never got around to buying another one and figured the rag was doing just fine. We had to drive back into Moab to a Checker Auto and buy a new gas cap. It all worked out though, I just wonder how much gas we lost through the whole trip. The funny part is when we realized we were leaking gas, Alicia said "I thought I smelt something", and I agreed. Neither one of us said anything--lot of help we were! Here are the few pics that I took of our trip.




We went camping this weekend in Moab; it was Jack's first camping trip, so we were a little nervous. He did really well though, with a couple of hang ups-- nothing big though. We took the Land Cruiser down and learned how badly our AC actually works. It was miserable coming back home. Poor Blaine and Alicia rode with us, but were extremely good sports about the heat. They only complained once! No, they were awesome, and helped a ton with Jack. It was a short trip, but was a lot of fun, especially because I was warm at night this time. The bad part about the trip was that I only had two smores, I had great plans for me and my smores.
Oh yeah, as we were headed up the mountain to Warner's Lake, a buddy following behind our car had us pull over only to find out that the rag that Brent had stuffed in the gas hole (I don't know what it's called.) was leaking like crazy. When Brent got out he said gas was just pouring out of the tank. You see about a week ago Brent was filling up at the gas station, and drove off without putting the cap back on, we never got around to buying another one and figured the rag was doing just fine. We had to drive back into Moab to a Checker Auto and buy a new gas cap. It all worked out though, I just wonder how much gas we lost through the whole trip. The funny part is when we realized we were leaking gas, Alicia said "I thought I smelt something", and I agreed. Neither one of us said anything--lot of help we were! Here are the few pics that I took of our trip.









14 comments:
I love that blue and brown monkey outfit that Carrie gave him - SO cute!
Oh, we're jealous!! We'd love to be camping down in Moab right now. Bryce is already planning our fall trip. You guys should come along.
I love these pictures and your camping synopsis. We had fun too and the ride back was suprisingly fast. (Plus the ice cream was AMAZING!)
MMmmmm... S'mores are so yummy. I'm not really a camping girl, but I'm definitely a S'mores girl. Have you ever tried a roasted marshmallow between two Fudge Striped cookies?! MM.. they make the perfect s'mores. Ok, enough about that. I'm glad you had a good trip, even with the little hiccups along the way. The pictures are so cute.
I love the pic of Jack outside! I wish the weather would cooperate better here. We have been having tornado watches the last three days, plus a tornado that hit last week. Kind of scary. We have to have a tornado plan....Anyway, the pic is super cute! I love little hoodies. They are Braden's favorites! We have a little brown one, and it is like my favorite piece of clothing!
He's wearing that little monkey outfit!! YAY!! I love being able to see him in it. He is SUCH a cute baby. Now you're going to have to have more, huh?? :O) I'm glad you guys had fun....but I'm so sorry about the gas. It's not like it's cheap either, huh??!! ha ha Keep taking pictures of him.... I'd show him off, too!! :o)
Okay so I totally blog stalked you off of Mary's blog. I love your pics and I am soooo super jealous you got to go to Moab! You are great to have taken Jack too! What a great Mom! I still panic and Brooklyn is my 3rd!
I love that I am getting to know you better. Would you be okay if I put a link to your fab blog on mine? Let me know! m2two@hotmail.com
Jen G (Mary's sister)
I'm not super outdoorsy but I really love Moab. It's so beautiful there - it sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. We're taking our little guy camping for the first time next month and I'm a little nervous, but you've given me some confidence so I won't worry as much about it. And I know I say it all the time, but your little guy is so dang cute!!!
Im gelous we havent made it out camping yet. it looks like alot of fun good for you guys.
I love him! He is the cutest! Thats a great pic of him in his hoodie, and I really like the one where he is chewing on his pack- he seems to be very into it! Glad you're having fun already out there in the wild! I'll have to join you next time.
I totally loved that lillypie count down thing with how old Jackson is, so I totally ripped that idea off and put it on my blog. It is so cute! So thanks for the idea!!!!
Cute Pics Markelle!
Hey e-mail me your address so I can send you a baby shower invite.
jessiepennington@hotmail.com
Thanks girl!
Again, I want to eat him he is so adorable.
holy comments sister! i know i waited a while to comment on this post...but i figure save the best for last...I CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU AND YOUR HANDSOME JACK!!!! yeah!
Post a Comment