5.07.2010

Winco happenings

Today I ventured out to Winco, a seriously fantastic new grocery store that's come into our area... I wanted to get there fairly early seeing how I sent Brent, coupons in hand earlier in the week only to find out there was over an hour wait...not worth it. So I pulled on my clothes this morning sans shower, and threw on a hat. (don't worry I brushed my teeth!) Jack, well I just left him in his "Buzz Lightyear" pajamas, froggie boots, snot dried face, and out the door we went! I was rather excited about my great parking spot that I forgot to button my pants. I'm totally at the awkward stage of pregnancy where I put my clothes on standing up of course, and think "yeah, this works" but then when I find myself sitting down, it just doesn't. Plus I have this nagging feeling that I am hurting the baby with my tight clothing. I'm crazy. I hurry and button up, and things are good. I find myself on such a money saving high that I don't care that there are a ton of annoying people around me. not today anyway. I was getting my .98 cents fruity pebbles or else... Like they say, all good things come to an end, and I knew I had to make my way to the cash register fast, as my "buzz" (hour later) was quickly wearing off. Hardly any wait, but as I stood there loading groceries on the belt this cute old lady walked by and picked up Jack's boots that had fallen off. I thanked her and she began to talk to Jack, (cute) then she got out a tissue and began wiping his face ever so sweetly for like 2 minutes. Yeah that stuff was caked on. She then said "your mom should always pack a kleenex" still wiping. So true, and so hilarious. I pretty much thanked her again for scolding me and couldn't help but wonder what she did with Jacks nasty tissue. She didn't give it to me and I didn't offer to take it from her. Normally I wipe my kid's face but we were trying to go for the "I really don't give a crap!" look. If I had wiped Jack's face then we clearly couldn't have pulled this off. Keep reading, it gets better. As I'm loading groceries into my car I see a car waiting for my parking spot. I hate when people do this because then I feel rushed and bad and so many other things. I finally get Jack out of the cart and lo and behold he peed his pants. He now wears normal undies, because he is potty trained, can't you tell? eek! car is still waiting, so I rip off his pants and put him in the car seat pant-less; which to me sounds fantastic plus I don't want to clean his car seat cover. I'm lazy. Soooo if any of you find yourself at Winco, make sure you wipe off the cart before inserting your child, because remember? I don't bring tissues with me, so I didn't have anything to wipe the seat with.

12 comments:

Jen Carter said...

Hilarious post. You should have called me to go with you. We are out of food.

I HATE when people wait for spots. It makes me angry to see that kind of laziness...so I usually take longer on purpose....oops.

Bryce and Amy said...

This is so funny!! My dad is really excited about the new Winco and keeps wanting me to go check it out. I just don't have the desire yet...especially now that I know that I could grab a cart with pee all over the seat. :)

Alicia said...

I am dying. Seriously, this rocks. I wish I could have witnessed Jack, bare-assed.
As for Winco... my mom is a true believer. She won't shop anywhere else for a good bargain. I think I need to go as well... I just don't want to give up Harmons. I love Harmons. *sigh*

Laurel said...

Totally made Isabel wear wet pants/panties yesterday at Alicia's house because I hadn't brought any spares. (Hey! That's HER problem, right?!!)

Hooray for Winco!

The Nybergs said...

I laughed so hard when i got the the part about him peeing his pants. Plus, the old lady probably stuck the tissue in her pocket and used it on the next snotty child! That is super funny!

Unknown said...

Sick Markelle.

Tara said...

Pure awesomeness! Don't you love it when strangers feel the need to take "nice" shots are your mothering skills?? But will check out Winco-pee seat and all.

Scott and Megan said...

oh man, Markelle that was freakin' fantastic! Scott is always telling me the updates on WinCo, since the bank he works at is right next to it. He found TILLAMOOK ice cream....and if you're a Lee, you know what that means! You just can't find that anywhere ya know and Tillamook ANYTHING is far superior!

Jessie said...

I have no words Markell!

I freakin loved this!

Meshan said...

Hahahaha! I can't wait to see you and your snot faced child!

Megan said...

you totally make me laugh..... i love ya girl!

Rebecca said...

Sorry, but that's pretty bad when a complete stranger has to clean your kids face!Haha! (Says the girl with no kids)Also I would have totally taken my time after Jack wet his pants! Serves them right stalking you like that, if they really want it, they can wait!