Last weekend we finally hiked to Timp cave. It was like hitting two birds with one stone--we got to see all the pretty fall colors {love Fall} and tour the mysterious cave.
The highlights of the hike was the beautiful scenery, great exercise, fresh air, and good company.
The not-so-hot highlights of the hike was a screaming, squirming, antsy, child in an enclosed, dark and crowded area.
Jack rocked the hike both to and from the cave, but inside the cave was entirely different. I too found myself just as antsy as Jack for the tour to be over. {minus a one year old, I am sure I would have fully appreciated everything, including 'tour guide Dan's' lame banter}
We were asked not to touch anything so of course Jack kept saying "touch" while trying to get his hands on everything. Oh, he also kept saying "cool!" that actually was pretty cute. All in all though, I had a great time. In fact, my entire weekend was pretty awesome--wassail, caramel popcorn, lots of eating out, giant rocking chairs, and Amy. need I say more?
Easter 2021
3 years ago




5 comments:
Sweet! Sounds like a good weekend, wish I could have come! The wedding went well, and I loved my outfit- thanks Markie!
Oh, I love Timp Cave! Though the hike and I have a love/hate relationship. I looove the nature/beauty/being-outside/physicality of it... and I haaaate the physicality of it. ;)
Cute Jack.
Markelle your so cute. and what a pretty hike. Im jealous of your whole weekend.
This is on our to do list. Maybe I'll wait til Lucy's a little older. Thanks Jack for being the test baby.
Wow the colors are beautiful. That's one thing I miss in Mesa. Jack is getting so big and cute.
Post a Comment