I've been thinking lately, and my little hiatus from jewelry making has only affirmed my desire to design and create jewelry. I miss it. The longer my sad Etsy shop remains empty the more anxious I get. Mainly because I worked hard at finding the ins and outs of Etsy, searching for the cheapest yet highest quality of metal, and don't even get me started on my research of oxidization....I have some new and fresh ideas, I've got to regroup and get back in there!
It really makes me happy when someone likes my stuff enough to buy it. Its not about the money, (thankfully) it really is about creating something that someone else likes just as much as me. Brent always teases me because I tend to have the reaction of "oh, you like it? really? have it. its yours."
Making jewelry is more than that for me though, its kind of a reminder of who I was and who I am now. wow, sorry to get all Emo on you but seriously back when I was just teenager Markelle, I wanted to create my own jewelry line and be a successful designer.
So now when I find myself with so many other roles to maintain I enjoy playing out my adolescent dream.
why am I rambling about my fallen life's ambition?
because sometimes it helps to talk, I mean write about it.
and I also wanted to get any input I could on my business name...BirdsEye Jewelry
Is it a solid name? I loved it at first because of the "eye" part. It was about jewelry catching your eye. lame? and then paired with a peacock feather for the eye of the feather. However now I feel like birds have become trendy and sometimes I think of the frozen vegetable brand in your local grocers freezer.
anyhoo, I don't hate the name I'm merely wondering what you all think. (all five of you)
If I did change it, I was thinking about something more classic like my name or some version of it.




12 comments:
I think the name is so catchy and your jewelry is GREAT! I love the name birds eye Jewelry. Take one step at a time and anything you do with passion will be nothing short of a success!
Okay first of all, you need to start making your jewelry again! You know I love all your stuff!
Second, I totally get you on the name. I personally really like the name, but I also love birds. I get what you are talking about the whole trendy thing. That's a tough one! You could change the name to whatever and your jewelry would still stand out! Because it's amazing! And so are you. :)
I totally remember watching you make jewelry in high school. Ahhh....the good old days. Anyways, I like the name and love the jewelry!
Love the name and love the jewelry! Oh and lovevyou :-)
It's all fantastic! Get going on making it again (when you have a spare minute)! Life is too short not to live doing what you love. VIVA BIRDS EYE!
That is so great good for you!
Meet Virginia
I'm a fan of the name and of course LOVE your jewelry... can't wait till you bring it back!
I like the name. Who cares if birds are "trendy." No reason to stop liking something. If you like it, you like it! I wouldn't change a thing....
I seriously love it. All of it. And I love that you talked about your Emo stuff here. I do it all the time. :)
This is Alicia.
Love the name. Love the jewelry.
I love that Blaine commented and is so passionate about jewelry! I had no idea...that is just beautiful! BWAHAHAHA. That was funny. I think it is great that you have a creative outlet and enjoy it! I totally understand the "you like my stuff...here just have it" concept! that cracked me up!!!:)
Post a Comment